This video explains the steps to replace or upgrade the RAM in an HP Compaq Presario Laptop, specifically model V5000.
If you are concerned about static electricity damaging the RAM or laptop, you can use an anti-static wrist strap like this: http://amzn.to/1TRZDTU
The steps to upgrade the memory on a Compaq Presario V5000
- Turn off the computer and remove the battery (I didn’t in the video)
- Unscrew and remove the cover.
- Unscrew and flip back the RAM cover
- Unclip and gently remove the memory.
- Insert the new RAM and snap it back down.
- Reinstall the covers and battery
- The computer will automatically detect the new or upgraded memory.
The max memory for this laptop is 2GB, you can buy the memory at Amazon: http://amzn.to/1THudNF