HP TouchSmart TX2 Upgrade the RAM
This video shows the steps to replace or upgrade the memory on an HP TouchSmart TX2
If you are concerned about static electricity damaging the RAM or laptop, you can use an anti-static wrist strap like this: http://amzn.to/1TRZDTU
The steps to upgrade RAM on a HP TouchSmart TX2:
- Turn off the computer and remove the battery
- Unscrew and remove the RAM cover.
- Unclip and gently remove the memory.
- Insert the new RAM and snap it back down.
- Reinstall the cover and battery
- The laptop automatically detects the new or upgraded memory.
The HP TouchSmart TX2 usually can handle 8GB of memory, you can find it on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1THwJDH Make sure it is the correct RAM before you order!