How to Deep Clean a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
My Dyson vacuum is dirty; it needs a deep clean, more than just cleaning the filters. This video shows how to service the Dyson DC33. When cleaning the brush, I leave its cover in place and use a razor blade and scissors to cut away all the yuck. I learned the hard way to be gentle when cleaning the brush; thank goodness Dyson has an excellent warranty and fantastic customer service.
This video shows how to take apart the Dyson dust canister, remove the hose and remove other vacuum parts needed for a deep cleaning.
A deep clean of the Dyson vacuum involves the following steps.
- Remove the dust canister. Empty it and then wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Do not use anything abrasive on the dust canister, you will scratch the surfaces. Let the dust canister air dry.
- Remove the HEPA filter and rinse it with cold water, tapping gently to loosen any material embedded into the filter.. DO NOT USE ANY SOAP OR DETERGENTS. Let the filter air dry thoroughly for about 24 hours before installing it. Do not use a blow dryer, clothes dryer or any other heat source to dry the HEPA filter.
- Remove the B filter and rinse it with cold water, tapping gently to loosen any material embedded into the filter. Let the filter air dry thoroughly for about 24 hours before installing it. Do not use a blow dryer, clothes dryer or any other heat source to dry the vacuum filter.
- Remove the detachable components of the vacuum. Wash the removable parts of the vacuum with warm soapy water, rinse them thoroughly and let the parts air dry.
- Clean the Brush. This is the least fun part of deep cleaning a vacuum. Do not attempt to remove the brush from the vacuum. Using a razor blade and scissors, cut away the snarled threads and junk out of the vacuum brush.
- After everything has air dried completely, reassemble the vacuum and enjoy!
If your vacuum filters are worn out at the seals, too dirty to clean or just want to replace them: http://amzn.to/2q7tb9I
If you have any questions about giving your Dyson a deep clean, please comment on my original YouTube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB0ky1-AhAw I will do my best to help you!